Syralth, one of our directors, takes us through a crash course in molecular genetics. Big thanks to our volunteer Rosy who helped cut together the raw footage.
Contains a scottish accent, some bad jokes and science. You have been warned.
Our seminar covers 5 areas:
1) The central dogma of biology: DNA to RNA to Protein
2) DNA and genes: What they actually are
3) Gene regulation: How we turn them on and off
4) DNA packing: How cells hold it all
5) An example of how it all comes together
Topics were covered at a very high level and a lot of details are left out for the sake of giving a general overview of the whole process.
All images in the presentation are used for educational purposes, rights belong to their relevant holders.
You can view this and other videos on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkg29RcOutyAx2YfcwmHW4A