Volunteer Position – Community Moderator
- 3-4 hours per week for community oversight
- Remote / online
The Freedom of Form Foundation is a nonprofit working to support and advocate for scientific research that will enable freedom of one’s physical form – biotech for self-expression.
To this end, we are seeking 1-2 additional moderators to ensure a productive, healthy semipublic social community as well as a place to begin and advance projects. As we continue to expand, we require additional moderators to ensure this community remains the focused, committed group we’re looking for. We are looking for passionate, dedicated people who want to help keep things on the right path.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Overseeing an exciting, science-minded community to uphold our rules of conduct (see https://freedomofform.org/test/involvement/discord-server-about/discord-server-rules/ for details).
- Rapidly responding to social and interpersonal situations in a professional fashion.
- Conducting brief, informal interviews of prospective server members.
- Acting on the Discord chat app with the potential for work on other platforms in the future.
You should be able to:
- Communicate on Discord and other media platforms in both written and oral form.
- Utilize moderator tools to respond when needed.
- Experience with moderating Discord servers or other online forums a plus.
- Primary activity in Asia/Pacific time zone (UTC +8:00 or similar) a plus.
- Experience with Reddit or similar social medias a plus.
All FFF volunteers and employees are expected to:
- Have a steady hand, especially in stressful situations.
- Demonstrate unerring commitment to teamwork and professionalism.
- Observe a learner’s attitude, and likewise be willing to help others learn and improve.
- Demonstrate tolerance to each other, to stakeholders, and to the broader community.
- Learn about regulations we must abide by, including, our Bylaws, Conflict of Interest Policy, Community Rules, Code of Conduct, regulations pertaining to 501(c)(3) organizations, and all laws.
If you have any questions or want to discuss more before applying, please send an email at [email protected]. We won’t bite (too hard)!
Sounds good? Please apply!
Please send an email to [email protected] and attach your Resume or CV. Be sure to use a descriptive Subject title in your email, and reference this position.
And don’t worry, you can skip the cover letter! Just a couple sentences about why you’re interested in our organization, and in this position, should be sufficient.